Rockstar recently showed a preview of Grand Theft Auto 5 to some Russian gaming journalists, and have given us some new info.
Main info from the preview:
- The mini-map is rectangular and many will find it difficult to use. It is not flat and has a slight angle to it, like many satellite navigations.
- There will be about 460 vehicles in the game. Some of them will be unique and will not be seen in the streets.
- There will be hidden packages. No idea what they will look like and how many of them there will be. You can use the dog to help you find it.
- The map is enormous and includes many underwater locations. R* claims it will take 2.5 hours to travel from one end of the map to another on a train.
- In the character selector wheel Michael is on the left, Trevor at the top, Franklin on the right and at the bottom is the player for a multiplayer.
- There is no collision damage at the moment. There was no damage to vehicles during the demo, so it is either being worked on and wasn’t started yet.
- The graphics look like RDR. The blur (I think that’s what they meant, they said blyur) is gone and replaced by fog.
- The game will be followed by updates and upgrades.
- The map looks very colorful compared to GTA IV
- Tourists can be seen walking and fishing in the forest and talk to the protagonist
- There are red, blue and yellow indicator near the map. Possibly health etc, but R* didn’t comment
- They didn’t see a recurring ped throughout the whole demo
- You can destroy a car with 10 bullets shot in any part of the car. This is probably still in a development.
- You can see a whole LS island when skydiving from 1 km above the ground, and still this only looks like only 10% of the overall map.
- Random pedestrians chant in the street, like the preacher in GTA IV
- Franklin’s abilities include driving, stealth, stamina, diving and lung capacity.
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Electronic Arts and DICE have released the first screenshots for the Naval Strike DLC of Battlefield 4. Stay tuned to AliveGameZone for more. Follow us on Twitter or be our chum on Facebook.
So it has been likely that Microsoft’s willing to do a lot of things in order to catch up with Sony in the next gen console war, including a mail offer to “ditch” your PlayStation 3 by bringing it to the closest Microsoft Store and getting $100 in return towards the purchase of an Xbox One unit [...]
Can’t tell that Mantle is good enough to adapt to different architectures! CD Projekt RED, developers of the popular franchise, The Witcher has told that they are still having doubts about Mantle, developed by AMD as an alternative to Direct3D and Open GL. In an interview with a popular Italian website, PC-Gaming, the company’s lead [...]