Grand Theft Auto 5: Russian Magazine Preview ‘Actual & New Info’
Rockstar recently showed a preview of Grand Theft Auto 5 to some Russian gaming journalists, and have given us some new info.
Main info from the preview:
- The mini-map is rectangular and many will find it difficult to use. It is not flat and has a slight angle to it, like many satellite navigations.
- There will be about 460 vehicles in the game. Some of them will be unique and will not be seen in the streets.
- There will be hidden packages. No idea what they will look like and how many of them there will be. You can use the dog to help you find it.
- The map is enormous and includes many underwater locations. R* claims it will take 2.5 hours to travel from one end of the map to another on a train.
- In the character selector wheel Michael is on the left, Trevor at the top, Franklin on the right and at the bottom is the player for a multiplayer.
- There is no collision damage at the moment. There was no damage to vehicles during the demo, so it is either being worked on and wasn’t started yet.
- The graphics look like RDR. The blur (I think that’s what they meant, they said blyur) is gone and replaced by fog.
- The game will be followed by updates and upgrades.
- The map looks very colorful compared to GTA IV
- Tourists can be seen walking and fishing in the forest and talk to the protagonist
- There are red, blue and yellow indicator near the map. Possibly health etc, but R* didn’t comment
- They didn’t see a recurring ped throughout the whole demo
- You can destroy a car with 10 bullets shot in any part of the car. This is probably still in a development.
- You can see a whole LS island when skydiving from 1 km above the ground, and still this only looks like only 10% of the overall map.
- Random pedestrians chant in the street, like the preacher in GTA IV
- Franklin’s abilities include driving, stealth, stamina, diving and lung capacity.